I hadn’t checked this page in yonks… and I realised how much I had loved it when I started. Even though there are hardly any views… making this blog had made me happy and seemed like a companion on a journey I had started.
As I was going through the posts I realised that the Dukan calculator had predicted me to be 62.5kg by September of this year. That was, according to it, the weight I should be. As of November, 2017 that is actually my weight… however I did not use Dukan to get here *hides face in shame*
The story goes something like this… after some time Dukan recipe ideas started drying up. So around the beginning of 2017, I started incorporating more keto recipes. After trying out the keto way of eating, I realised that it suited my body a lot and because of that I didn’t feel as hungry. I also felt it was easier to eat keto based meals every day as I wouldn’t have to think about the fat content of the foods I ate.
Keto recipes are much more available on the internet and I say this a bit guiltily, I know this blog was originally about Dukan but as time went on my eating habits and goals of weight loss were doing better with following keto. I ate curries without carbs, ate my Stevia chocolate. I even made a cake from it with Buzzfeeds ‘Two-Ingredient Cake’ recipe, which was bomb! They also have a two ingredient low carb pasta recipe which I highly recommend.
I eat eggs, coffee with cream, Thai curries, Korean stews, pasta (from the recipe mentioned above), salads, and I admit to eating that chocolate cake for breakfast… and at many other times after…
I am still not at my goal weight, but closer to it than before. Knowing my body, I know I should lose about 9kg more to be rid of fat rolls.
I guess from this last post I just wanted to say this. You can do it too. You can find a way that suits you, a way that works for you and accomplish your weight loss goals. It doesn’t mean sticking to one regime, it means adjusting it according to the needs of your body and situation. So here’s what I would recommend to you:
1. Do your research and firstly, find products that suit your diet and that will make your life easier when you are starved, haven’t eaten the whole day and need a meal. Everyone needs a backup. I’ll include a list of my favourite things below.
2. It’s okay to have a meal, a day or even a weekend of going crazy. You can always come back to the diet. I had days of eating mac and cheese, fried chicken and pizza. But in the days which followed I would balance my meals accordingly.
3. Prepare your meals beforehand.
4. Include variety… anything you like to eat can be made diet-friendly. Diet is not about eating specific foods. It’s about changing how you eat. Eat at a Thai restaurant, but just have the curry. Or at Shakeshack, but eat without the bun.
5. As I said… anything you put your mind to you can accomplish it. If you decide you want to change your life right now, you can do it. Don’t beat yourself down, be gentle with yourself and help yourself achieve targets.
Here is a list of foods I use:
1. Mission Low Carb Tortillas-
to make pizza, tuna melts, burritos, or use as any Indian/Greek flatbread alternative
2. Any brand of Stevia Chocolate. I use this:
3. Kraft Processed Cheese
My favourite snack or emergency meal with the Mission tortilla. Has perfect fat:protein ratio. Find at your local Indian or Arab grocery store.
4. Two Ingredient Chocolate Cake
Made with Stevia chocolate of course.
5. Two Ingredient Pasta
6. Flavoured Seaweed Snack
As a savoury chips alternative… thought Quest Protein chips aren’t bad but they are really very processed.
7. Starbucks Coffee with Cream and Sous Vide Egg Bites
Perfect, perfect meal and keeps you going for ages. Saved me this summer.
8. Oh yeah! ONE protein bar
9. Quest All Purpose Powder
To make pancakes and crepes! Drizzled with chocolate sauce ofc.
10. Milk with Lowest Sugars
So with this I bid you, and this blog, farewell. I still have a long way to go in my journey… but now I have better tools to achieve my new goal of 53kg. And I hope I have been able to provide someone else with any amount of support or help they needed to lose weight. So now… goodbye, and good luck.